AINMT operates in Norway through the well-established ice.net brand. Ice.net is Norway’s third largest network operator and provider of voice and wireless data services, challenging the lucrative duopoly of Telenor and TeliaSonera. At the end of 2016, ice.net were Norway's third biggest provider of voice and wireless data services with a market share of 4.1% based on number of subscribers.
Ice.net is also Norway’s third largest provider of wireless broadband services, with a market share of 23% based on number of subscribers.
The cornerstone of AINMT’S Norwegian business is the utilization low frequency bands, providing superior geographical- and indoor coverage and significant cost advantages (both capex and opex). Its smartphone proposition, for both consumers and B2B customers, is based on a brand new multi-frequency 4G LTE network characterized by superior speed, capacity and coverage.
AINMT’s Norwegian operation in brief:
- Continuous growth in customers and revenues since 2009
- #3 network operator Controls 29% of available mobile phone frequencies
- #3 provider of voice and wireless data services
- Pure 4G-only network for both voice and wireless broadband
- #3 provider of wireless broadband, with market share of 23%
- Wireless broadband coverage of 75% of Norway’s geographical area
- Wireless broadband coverage up to 120 kilometers off shore Norway
- No legacy, with state of the art support systems